Monday 7 March 2016

Biddy at The Flower Pot Café

I happened to be in Inches Yard and decided to make my first visit to the tiny café there – The Flower Pot Café.

There is just enough space for four tables and I was lucky to get the last one when I called in. There is clearly a regular clientele here, and people were coming and going collecting their lunch orders, so it was busy, buzzy and friendly.

I settled on my usual Americano, then was hard pushed to choose between chocolate cake, carrot and banana cake, brownies, croissants … but finally succumbing to a slice of yummy flapjack, packed full of nuts, chocolate and cranberries.



This is a charming little café, serving a good size cup of coffee, milk in pretty jugs and sugar in pretty basins with tongs. 

The premises may be tiny but they do a great job not only with the homemade cakes but breakfasts and lunches too.

The breakfast menu looks really good and I will make a return visit to give it a try, with options ranging from porridge with maple syrup to a full English, though what I really like the sound of is their breakfast sarnie (veggie versions available).

The lunch menu is equally tempting, with salads (such as haloumi, apple and walnut), and sandwiches, ciabattas and jacket potatoes with a good choice of fillings.

The children’s menu is very reasonable – a sandwich for £1.50 or half a jacket spud for £2.

Everything I saw being served looked really good and, as the sign says, it really does seem to be ‘Made with love’.

Do go and give The Flower Pot Café a try ... and save a slice of flapjack for me!

Biddy x

No comments:

Post a Comment