Monday 28 September 2015

Biddy at Luna Boutique

One of the best boutiques in town is also one of Newbury’s best kept secrets.


It’s called Luna and it has become my favourite place to shop when I’m looking for something new to wear because this little boutique is packed with the most exciting range of clothes (and handbags and jewellery) I’ve come across in a long, long time.

Now, I am the first to admit I am a big fan of M&S for lots of basic items (their jeggings have long been making an appearance in my wardrobe) but when I want something a little bit special, a little bit edgy (ooh get me) but don’t want to break the bank, Luna is the place I head for. (The husband might say I head there a little too often …)

Luna opened nearly a year ago and since then I have revamped my wardrobe with some very stylish but easy-to-wear pieces. There is lots I like about Luna:
  • The way the clothes are racked by colour, so you can head for your favourites and find lots of different styles and designs in varying shades. (Though having said that, do try other colours too … I’m usually one for muted taupes and greys but surprised myself discovering how much coral suits me.)
  • The chic Italian/French influence. Luna stocks a great range of different fashion houses, and many of their pieces have a little twist that makes them a little bit different, a little bit unusual – maybe a polka-dot pocket on a plain top, or striped sleeves on a plain tunic, or an asymmetric hemline.
  • The sizing. Very cleverly, much of what Luna stocks is in a one-size-fits-all sizing system – and believe me it really does, thanks to the fluidity of many of their styles. I’ve been in there with a friend who is a very different body shape to me (she has the curves I was never blessed with, but my legs are a lot longer!) and the same item looks good on us both. Amazing!
  • The prices. When I first went into Luna I had to look twice at the price tags – and for all the right reasons. With such unusual, original pieces, I was expecting them to be at a much higher price point. Picking up a top, for example, for around £35–£45 that you won’t see everyone else wearing is good news in my book.
  • The regularly changing stock. Luna only stocks two or three of each item, and quite often these are in different colours. So I know the chances of me seeing someone else wearing my fab new jumper are slim. And once the pieces are gone, that’s it … so my advice is: if you see it and like it, buy it, because it’s unlikely to be there next week.
  • The staff. Without exception they are friendly and helpful, always glad to suggest, advise and comment when you are trying on (endlessly patient, and happy for me to try on as many things as I want, however long it takes).
Autumn is here: I’ve just packed away my summer dresses until next year and can hardly wait to wear my new poncho, courtesy of Luna. If you are in need of some stylish new items now that weather is turning cooler, I really recommend you give Luna a try.

There’s only one thing left to tell you … what makes Luna secret is that it is tucked away behind Costa in Parkway. The perfect post-Luna coffee stop! 

Biddy x

No comments:

Post a Comment